Saturday, May 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing 16 - Audio

For the sixteenth Thing, I gave Audioboo a try, thinking it might be a nice way to record thoughts or song snippets (like Vine without video). I don’t know if the thing downloaded okay, because I seem to be missing text from the buttons at the bottom of the app’s screen, and the
“boo”s or recordings I’ve made have been given really weird titles (“Waiting for a friendboo” for a few seconds of singing, “Drukenboo” for a minute of Japanese rambling), and every time I wake my phone up the app asks if I want to log in to see my details.


Some of the browseable content seems to be like very short podcasts, or even advertisements for longer programs. Audioboo doesn’t seem like the kind of thing I was looking for - a simpler audio recording tool to capture my own musings, but I could see it being used personally for sharing ideas, music drafts, news, etc. with friends and family, or following/creating podcast-type or commercial ventures. Professionally I don’t know that I would use this much, though you could create short audio ads for the library and share them, or have students record radio spots or some such, but I feel like there are probably more appropriate tools out there than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment