Wednesday, October 22, 2014

ILI Blog - Week 8 - the Structure phase

Questions
What aspects of the Structure phase do you feel most and least confident about? Describe an "aha" moment you had this week, if any.

Answers
I think, same as with the Understand phase last week, that the Structure phase makes a lot of sense, but is going to take some run-throughs in order to get a feeling for and understanding of the process and its variables. But I do like the step-by-step progressive structure of it, and how it sort of crystallizes or limits the scope of a lesson (which is always something I struggle with - I want to teach all the things!) into something targeted and effective.

I appreciated the breakdown of KSAs into factual, procedural, conceptual, and metacognitive knowledge dimensions, as well as discussion on the revised Bloom's taxonomy, and also the ARCS model for addressing learner engagement. The first two were kind of review, but cleanly laid out, and the last was also kind of review and also a helpful elaboration of facets I must consider in lesson planning.

I almost feel the need to make a detailed template or form that I can then use to practice lesson planning with this USER method. It might end up being a large document, but I could probably then go through it and summarize my intent and the actual outcomes pretty well, having left a space for feedback and reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment