Saturday, May 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing 19 - Hobbies

I love music, so I chose to look at Spotify for the nineteenth Thing. It was easy to download, and did require me to sign in for the free account. I can make playlists and collections of albums or artists, or choose from a variety of genre channels to listen to.

I usually have buzzoutroom.com playing, either online or on iTunes or my phone, when I’m doing long stretches of studying or other work, but lately it seems to have a bad connection somehow, so I am looking for other sources of good background study music, and the Electronic station on Spotify has worked pretty well.

Personally, I could probably spend lots of time with this app, for background music or poking around at and learning about new stuff. Professionally, aside from providing background music in class or the office, you could have students take a look at the different genres and “moods” playlists and try to compare/contrast musical features. I did not care for the intermittent ads, but they weren’t too frequently intrusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment