Saturday, May 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing 13 - Presentations

For the thirteenth thing I tried to play with Deck Slideshow Presentations. It seemed a bit slow and unresponsive, but I was able to create a simple presentation about my cats, sadly without pictures since it seems to be entirely text-based. The few free presentation styles were nice, with fun animations and transitions, and some of the ~$2 ones looked alright. Deck didn’t seem to want to work at all on my phone (perhaps because I’ve been downloading so many apps and am running out of room!) so I put it on my tablet, and that seemed like a nice size screen to present to a small group.

Personally, I don’t know that I would use this much, but professionally, maybe would have students create their own short slideshow presentations and have a little exhibit that other students could come around and check out, or use Deck to go through materials with a small group of students, or project it for the whole class. Though the presentation application available through Google Drive is more versatile, this might be a nice introduction to making presentation slides for younger students, or before they use Google’s presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment